Below is a a summary of new features which I should point out includes a re-design of their sequencer which now supports clips!
- Thor Polyphonic Synthesizer - "six different oscillator types and four unique filters. What does this give you? Simply the most powerful synth ever created; an unstoppable monster of a sound generator that utilizes synthesizer technology from the last 40 years." Sound samples are included on the site.
- RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator - "a brand new unit dedicated to the art of arpeggiation...a wide range of on-panel controls and mode selectors, a pattern section for muting selected notes in an arpeggio and a large display showing values and positions, this device gives you full creative control over your arpeggios."
- ReGroove Mixer - "Want your music to sound less rigid, less programmed? Need your drums to move and groove as if played live by actual musicians? If you want your tracks to flow with that loose, yet tight feel, a regular shuffle control just doesn't cut it. That's why we created the ReGroove mixer, Reason's own realtime groove management device."
- Re-designed Sequencer - "With a whole new look, a ton of fresh features and a completely new way of handling sequencer data, the Reason sequencer has matured... A sequencer device or instrument now gets its own dedicated track, with separate lanes for note, performance and automation data, opting for a better overview and less clutter. All sequencer data - notes, automation, the works - is now housed in clips, musical building blocks that can be opened, sliced or moved. When a clip is moved to a new location, all its internal data follows right along with it, always ending up exactly where you intended it to. For safe, speedy sequencing."
- Localized and will be available in English, French, German or Japanese.