Modulate This Turns Three
Modulate This is now three years old and I'm happy to report that the popularity continues to grow month after month.
I want to thank the hundreds of readers out there who subscribed, those who take the time to comment, and those who use the links on this site to shop. I especially want to thank those who donated. As you can imagine, some of the more complex tutorials and the video tips are quite time consuming to produce so I really appreciate your support.
Up till now, this blog has been a mixture of discovery articles, tips, news, and step-by-step tutorials. In looking back, my most popular articles and the ones that have made the most difference to you readers are the more detailed step-by-step tutorials. To help grow the blog and make an even bigger impact on your work, my vision for the coming year is to write articles to help you:
- Discover New Technologies and Ideas: I'm going to continue to post news, tips, and links to help you discover new tools and techniques to improve your productions.
- Get Over Technology Hurdles: More step-by-step articles like How to use the Axiom 25 with Ableton Live and with Live's Impulse Drum Sampler, and videos like How to Use the Vocoder in FL Studio.
- Make Better Buying Decision: I'm planning to go deeper with product reviews.
- Go Beyond Presets: I'm planning a new series of tutorials on sound design using virtual synthesizers to help you move beyond presets.
- Learn From Others: I'll be working on more behind-the-scenes articles and interviews like Modulate This! Interview with Ramin Sakurai of the Supreme Beings of Leisure covering how other artists use synthesizers and technology to create.
- Improve Your Workflow Using Ableton Live: More thoughts and practical tips on how to transcend Live and work faster like Ableton Live Video Tip: Using Keyboard Shortcuts to Rapidly Rename Tracks.
- Promote Your Music: Ideas on how to promote your music online.
5 Ways to Support Modulate This!
Here are ways you can support Modulate This moving forward.
- Subscribe: Subscribe if you haven't done so.
- DIGG: Click on "Digg" and other social book marking links at the footer of articles to recommend my posts.
- Pass it On: Know a friend who might find this blog helpful? Tell A Friend
- Join the Conversation: Click the "Comments" link at the footer of articles to join in the conversation.
- Donate: Use the links on this blog to shop, and consider making a donation if you like what you are reading.
Comments From Readers
I'll close by passing along some awesome comments from readers.
Thanks again for another great year!