I downloaded the 30-day trial to Waldorf Largo. A few first impressions.
- It has a massive dynamic range
- You can really push the filters and FM synthesis to get some really interesting sounds
- I like it's single page interface.
- I really like how waveforms and filter envelopes are displayed and move in real-time as you tweak.
- Love the large modulation matrix
- It's a bit hard on the old CPU but I think this will most likely improve through time as I'm sure Waldorf will update. Of course freezing a track will take the load off your CPU.
- Some of the factory patches don't do it justice. Get in there and start tweaking.
- It uses Syncrosoft licensing. Not my fav. I also wish I could buy this as a digital download rather than a boxed item from a music store.
I just recorded some AudioBoos while messing with Largo. These were recorded through my iPhone mic so it doesn't represent the real sonic range but you'll definitely get the idea of how the character of the sound changes through time and you'll get a bit of a feel for sonic range. When I have more time I'll upload some sounds at higher fidelity.
Waldorf Largo Synth tweaking cutoff filter 2
This first sound is the factor patch "Stepping Out T". All the variance in sound comes from me tweaking one knob - Filter 2 cuttoff. I love this sound. It's like something out of the move "Andromeda Strain"
Heavily modified Walforf Largo Patch
I made various tweaks to the factory patch "Play It Low".
- Download Free Trial of Waldorf Largo
- Learn More About Largo
- Buy Waldorf Largo Software Synthesizer from Musicians Friend
- Buy Waldorf Largo Software Synthesizer from ZZounds