2009 was a pretty big year for DEVO. They re-issued of 'Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!' and 'Freedom Of Choice' and went out on tour to perform both albums in their entirety.
2010 looks to be even bigger. They are wrapping up work on a new album, have a deal with Warner, are poised for a tour in 2010 with Josh Freese (NIN) on drums, will be performing with a “rumored” new look, and have kicked off some fun de-evolution and social commentary.
Upcoming shows include:
- A one hour plus Devo live concert covered by NBC TV at the awards ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Whistler, BC February 22nd. Checkout this Billboard interview with Mark Mothersbaugh on this show.
- Cochella Saturay, April 17th
- A full tour is planned
On Warner Brothers and Corporate Marketing
Is DEVO holding back on their rhetoric now that they are back with Warner Brothers? Thankfully no as evidenced by the blog post by bassist Gerald Casale:
“Spudboys and Spudgirls, what goes around comes around! 30 years of De-evolution finds Devo back together with the label that unleashed them upon the land - Warner Brothers Records! Why now, why WB? Because the hour is getting late. It's now or never and you know it's true. De-evolution is real! It's time for Devo to reclaim their territory now that the world has turned and vindicated their original vision. What better way to celebrate than with the devil you know? As Booji Boy said "We're All Devo"!”
They also are posting some new tongue-in-cheek “Devo Inc.” videos. Here is one on focus group testing.
View embedded video:
DEVO definitely have not lost their sense of humor and it looks like the spud boys are coming back in a big way. I’m looking forward to their electronic music and social commentary mischief!
- Official Site - http://www.clubdevo.com
- Videos - http://www.youtube.com/devovision
- Devo Tour Reports - http://www.clubdevo.com/tourreports
- Tour - http://www.clubdevo.com/tour
- Devo Obsesso - http://www.devo-obsesso.com/
Electronic Music Artist, Composer, Sound Designer