After eight months of work, I'm very excited to announce that my latest album I HEAR YOUR SIGNALS is now available as a digital download.
- BandCamp - available “name your price”. To download for FREE click the “Buy Now” Button and enter $0. I recommend downloading the album from here as you'll get a 4-panel digital booklet containing original photos and art and liner notes.
- Amazon MP3
- Physical CD (New)
- The album contains 8 original songs composed and produced completely in the digital realm using state-of-the-art virtual synthesizers. Even the Theremin analog signal was converted back to digital so it could be used to drive virtual instruments.
- The album was composed and produced entirely on a laptop using Ableton Live 8 running Windows 7.
- The album was composed an arranged for live performance and was created using keyboards, matrix controllers, the exotic Theremin, and unique visual and tangible controllers such as the Tenori-On and Percussa AudioCubes. So, while I HEAR YOUR SIGNALS is a “studio album”, I rehearsed and could perform all the songs live prior to recording. For many songs, I recorded lead synth elements live in one pass (after rehearsing for many weeks). This gives the album a more live/ “jam-like” feel than my previous album. It also makes these songs great for live performance.
- A few songs like “Control Zone” are quite experimental and the notes and modulation of synth parameters was achieved with hand and finger movement in space and I never touched a physical key or button during recording.
- Some songs on the album are a retelling of some of the songs on REBOOT, but from a very different point of view. For example, “When Connected” is the same “story” as REBOOT’s “Infected” but as viewed from the opposite point of view.
- While the songs are copyrighted, I’m making them available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License so you podcasters, bloggers, and hobbyists can safely use the music in your productions as long as you offer an attribution. Drop me an email if you use a track so I can check out your work.
- The images in the digital booklet/liner notes are all original and based on photographs taken by me and my children. I did the graphic design work.
- Both the REBOOT and I HEAR YOUR SIGNALS are albums in the sense that the songs played in sequence tell a story. If you can spare the time, spin them the albums at least once in one sitting.
- If you don’t have time to listen to the whole album try and eke out 5 minutes and listen to each track without skipping. These are instrumental compositions and not dance floor tracks so they have a beginning, middle and end:^).
- A lot of work went into the mix and there are dynamics, sounds, positioning of sounds you’ll miss on computer speakers. So listen with with some nice headphones or on a nice system with a sub-woofer.
I hope you’ve found this information more entertaining and fun than a stuffy old press release. Drop me an email or leave comments on this post and let me know which songs you like best!
Thanks again for your support and please tell your friends about I HEAR YOUR SIGNALS.
Electronic Musician, Boulder, CO