Hey look, my Tenori-On is running 2.10!!!
Note: I used Google to translate then used info from manual to edit the translation.
- TENORI-TENORI remote session capabilities between different ON-ON(TNR-W/TNR-O version 2.1 or later) via a MIDI cable.
- Joining a Multiplayer session features TNR-by connecting iPhone (yes the site says iPhone so perhaps there is also an iPhone app coming) or the iPad via TNR-i. You can join a multiplayer session with Game Center.
- Control functions remotely from a computer
- Changed the way effect settings are saved. Effect settings (reverb type, reverb parameters, Chorus Type, Chorus parameters) can now be saved in Song, All Blocks, Current Blocks and All Settings.
Download the Firmware
Yamaha has now updated the official site with links and details on the firmware. Click here to jump to the official site and visit the support tab.
New “Remote” Mode
There is a new mode called Remote. I recommend you read the manual included in the zip file, but I will offer an overview here. Remote mode allows you to sync and share performance data between two hardware devices (TNR-O/TNR-W) as well as join a multiple session via an iOS device running TNR-i. Before you access it, Save all the performance data and settings “'File”-> “All Blocks” as remote mode needs this part of memory to operate and as a result deletes these settings.
- To you access “Remote Mode” press [CLEAR] and [OK]
- Play the session
- Exit the session by pressing [Cancel] and [Clear]
Computer Control Overview
If remote mode weren't cool enough, Yamaha also added the ability to remotely operate the hardware from a computer via MIDI. There is a very detailed MIDI Sysex specification in the manual in the kit so I’ll just offer a summary here. After a quick review of the MIDI implementation table it looks like you could pretty much control just about all major playing and navigation functions via MIDI Sysex!
- Remote Mode On/Off Request
- Remote Mode On/Off Reply
- Turn LED’s On and Off
- Turn button on at DRAW Mode
- LED Button OFF at PUSH mode
- LED Button hold at SCORE & RANDOM Modes
- Loop indicator position
- Clear/Reset: This Layer, This Block, All Blocks, Reset Blocks
- Copy: to Block Number, to Layer Number, from Block Number, from Layer Number
- Common Parameters: Master Volume, Tempo, Scale, Transpose, Loop Speed, Loop Point Top, Loop Point End; Reset Loop Timing, Mute, Swing Rate, Reverb Type, Reverb Param, Chorus Type, Chorus Param
- Layer Parameter: Instrument, Sound Length, Loop Speed, Loop Point, Volume, Panpot, Animation type, Animation direction, Octav
- Random Sequence Number
- Current Block
- Current Layer Change
- Current Layer Notify
Checkout the PDF manual in the zip for details on the update including a detailed MIDI Specification.
Electronic Music Artist, Boulder, CO
Synthesist | Composer | Keyboardist | Performer