Last weekend I had the honor of participating at the Mountain Skies Electro-Music Festival 2012 in Asheville, NC. It was my first time in Asheville and the first time for this particular event. Greg and Hong Waltzer and the rest of the Mountain Skies crew curated a wonderful lineup of artists who turned in some incredible performances. Hong shot and edited these video highlights (and shot the photo above) which give you a good sense of the diversity of acts and what it was like to be there.
I also want to give a shout out to Michael O’Bannon who was created visuals for my performance.
- Paul Harriman eigenharp ephemera
- Klimchak electro-acoustic multi-instrumentalist
- mindSpiral twisted matter
- Mahoney and Peck progressive dark ambient
- dRachEmUsiK glitch-groove ambient beats
- Aligning Minds dubby soundscapes
- Moog Guitar Inventor Paul Vo
- Elizabeth Langa aka Auracene
- Kevin Spears kalimba and electronics
- Waveformation organic electronic (Linda Go, Greg Walzter, Chris Stack, Geary Yelton)
- Mark Moshery playing “Dark Signals” on keys, Theremin, and Tenori-ON
- Machine Eat Man Egyptronica
- Kevin Kissinger theremin
- Gerber and Vnuk tribal ambient
- Loop B Brazilian junk percussion
I took a lot of photos of the event including photos of the Moog factory tour and will include them in an upcoming post.