Image Line, the makers of Fl Studio have released Toxic Biohazard, the 4th generation of their Toxic line of software synths. The synth runs on Windows XP/Vista as a VST or on Mac OSX 10.4 (Tiger) or OSX 10.5 (Leopard) as a VST or AU.
For new users, this synth will set you back $99 (use this link to save 10%). Existing users can upgrade for free.
- Improved sound quality
- "Physical Envelopes" that allow you to model how sounds in real world decay & resonate etc...
- Integrated effects such as tube-like distortion, to warm stereo delay, reverb, flanger, and phaser.
- A hybrid synth engine combining FM and subtractive synthesis
- A complete rebuilt FM engine adding warmth
- Alias-free oscillators with low CPU consumptom
- An integrated simple sequencer (64 steps, which can be divided into two independent, 32 step modules to allow double-polyphonic patterns. Using our own "Smart Sequencer" technology, when a chord is played, the module defines that chord, and tunes the pattern accordingly.)
Visit http://www.image-line.com/documents/toxicbio.html to learn more, download a free demo, and listen to samples songs created with Toxic Biohazard. Image Line has also published a nice set of video tutorials on Toxic Biohazard here.