Sneak peak at the next version of Windows - Windows Vista, MTV Urge Music Service, Windows Mobile, Media Center, XBOX 360 and more...
Windows Vista is still a year away, but you can get a sneak peak into the next version by watching the webcast of the Bill Gates Keynote at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2006. The keynote offers a live demonstration of some of the "fantastic new features" of Vista. The video is rather long, so here is a time index:
- 8:52 - Bill Gates Keynote
- 24m50s Vista Presentation by group product manager (definitely worth a look!)
- 36:50 - President of MTV Networks - Announcing "Urge" Music Network 2 Million Music Library
- 4:50 - Live demo of Urge Music Service 4m50s
- 44:10 - Justin Timberlake - yup - you heard right
- 45:30 - Bill Gates, Discussion of Tablet PCs
- 47:32 - Windows Mobile (including the new Palm® Treo 700w)
- 49:30 - Wireless phones in the home including VOIP using messenger
- 50:50 - Seamless TV/Video/PC experience
- 53:30 - Media Center
- 55:00 - Media Center Partners (Intel, content partners, Direct TV, etc...)
- 58:00 - Live demo of Media Center and syncing media into handhelds
- 1:19:10 - Xbox 360
- 1:28:00 - a Live demo of XBOX 360, Bill Gates vs. Steve Balmer playing Fight Night Round 3- ahhh - you heard right
- 1:33:35 - Bill Gates wraps it up - "2006 will be a good year for the digital lifestyle"
See other webcasts here http://www.microsoft.com/events/executives/billgates.mspx
You can also visit the official Windows Vista page to keep up on Microsoft's progress.