Now that Apple has opened up application development for the iPhone and iTouch, music applications are starting to popup making the iPhone and iTouch potential choices for mobile music making.
One such application is the new iDrum for iPhone. It's sold in two editions, Hip Hop, and Club. "Each edition includes 20 unique kits made up of dozens of patterns and samples!" Each edition is only $4.99 and is available on the app store. The YouTube video above gives you a good sense of how the application works.
Probably the coolest thing about iDrum for iPhone is that it integrates with the iZotope's iDrum for the PC or Mac so you can share samples and take kits on the road.
Here is a list of features from the iZotope web site.
- Customize patterns to create your own unique beats
- Includes extensive library of amazing sounds
- Take control of the rhythm of every drum sound and sample
- Tap the touch screen to play and record your own musical patterns
- Easily turn your beats into ringtones for your iPhone (requires free iDrum Ringtone Sync application for your Mac or PC.)